Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I Sure Can Smell The Rain

Happy New Year! It's 2008 and 2000 doesn't seem all that long ago. I remember everyone worrying about all of the systems rolling into the 2000's... and nothing happened. I was the nerd wondering, "Which time zone will determine the big disaster?" How unexciting. Thankfully, I suppose. I've been in Bryan for the past 4 days with little celebrating. Now that I'm not here very often I see so many things I want to change. I guess you don't realize how much weight people have gained or lost when you see them everyday... same concept. So, I'm tired and walking with a limp. I also realized that I'm not as strong as I thought I was or once was; My big toe on my right foot is black and blue - I officially hate rocks. I've seen two of my former students and one parents of a former student. I sure do miss those kids. I don't remember all of their names but I remember so much about them: which one's were from d-hall, class, ACE, TAKS tutoring, etc. Some of them I keep in touch with, other's not so much. It's such a far away place now; no bell system, broken thermostat, getting in trouble on a weekly basis... now I belong to the daily grind of a small desk in a small room I share with many people.

I suppose the one thing they have in common is that I don't really know what I'm doing. I wonder, on a regular basis, if other people feel this way. I have applied to PA schools in Texas and waiting for their reply... should be early spring. If I don't get in (which is anticipated with my GPR) I would like to move back to Bryan and work for A&M while getting my masters there. It's nice being in Austin with my family since I have been away for nine years but it's a mixed feeling as I feel like a teenager again. I miss my house, my belongings, my life... but I know it's for a greater good. If I get into PA school I'll have a chance to try something new, something I might really like, and something that will make more money... which I kinda need. I don't consider myself a "high-maintenance" girl but I do enjoy the finer things in life! So, for now I will study hard, work hard, and focus on the long-term. I don't need no stinking short-term enjoyment! As long as I can knit every couple days...

No comments: